This project is very exciting and somewhat long term venture in the world of programming for high performance computing applications running on heterogeneous parallel architectures. The project formally kicked off in January 2014, and is expected to be active for at least the next five years.
The project spans a number of very exciting areas:
- High performance computing (multi-core CPUs, GPGPUs, FPGAs)
- Acceleration of scientific applications; current focus on atmospheric sciences
- High level programming of FPGAs
- Multi-party Session types, specifically their application to high-level program transformation for FPGA programming
- OpenCL for multi-core, GPGPUs and FPGAs
- Automatic transformation of high-level scientific code scientific applications
So if you are interested in any aspect of the project, please feel welcome to get in touch.
If you are a student and interested in any of these areas, you may be interested in looking the page specifically for students, which has some useful resources to get you started. You are welcome to get in touch with us about potential projects.